Outdoor Watering Rules | Watering Violation Fines | Conservation Efforts | Conservation Tips | Web Links
|Current Drought Response Level|
GEORGIA ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DIVISION (EPD)
OUTDOOR WATER USE LEVEL 1 DROUGHT RESPONSE SCHEDULE
|Current Outdoor Watering Rules & Regulations|
Odd/Even Outdoor Water Use Schedule
- Even-Numbered Service Addresses are permitted to perform outdoor watering activities only on Mondays, Wednesdays & Saturdays from 4 p.m. to 10 a.m. Outdoor watering is strictly prohibited from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Odd-Numbered Service Addresses are permitted to perform outdoor watering activities only on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Sundays from 4 p.m. to 10 a.m. Outdoor watering is strictly prohibited from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Outdoor watering of established landscapes (landscapes installed for over 30 days) can be performed only from 4:00 pm to 10:00 am. on a daily basis. This outdoor watering activity is strictly prohibited from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Outdoor watering of newly installed landscapes (landscapes installed within the past 30 days can be performed any day of the week without time limitations. However, following this 30-day installation period, the outdoor watering scheduled for established landscapes must be followed.
- Washing of hard surfaces such as streets and sidewalks.
- Water for ornamental purposes such as fountains.
- The use of fire hydrants, except for firefighting and public safety.
- Non-commercial washing of vehicles.
- Fundraising car washes.
- Installation and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Landscape irrigations performed by drip-irrigation systems, soaker hoses and/or hand-watering with a shut-off nozzle.
- Irrigation of commercial agriculture.
- Irrigation of plants/landscaping for sale.
- Irrigation of personal food gardens.
- Watering performed by alternative sources of water including private well water, grey water, reclaimed wastewater, rain water, condensate, etc.
- Irrigation of sports fields, parks, golf courses or public recreational turf.
For additional information regarding current Outdoor Watering Restriction Rules & Regulations, please contact our main administrative office @ (770) 387-5170 or contact Mr. Kevin Chambers, Georgia Environmental Protection Division @ (404) 651-7970.
|Outdoor Watering Violation Fines|
2nd Offense - $100.00 Outdoor Watering Violation Fine.
3rd Offense - $200.00 Outdoor Watering Violation Fine.
4th Offense - $250.00 Outdoor Watering Violation Fine and loss of water service for three (3) days.
5th Offense - $500.00 Outdoor Watering Violation Fine and loss of water service for thirty (30) days.
|Water Conservation Efforts|
|Water Conservation Tips|
- Capture rainfall in rain barrels, buckets or other suitable collection containers.
- Collect condensation emitted from air conditioning units. Some units produce up to 20 Gallons of water per day.
- Capture water discharged from showers and faucets as you allow the water to warm.
- Restrict water usage when showering to immediately before and after lathering.
- Turn off laboratory faucets while brushing your teeth.
Reducing power consumption also reduces the amount of water required by local power companies to generate electricity.
|Water Conservation Website Links|
Environmental Protection Agency (E.P.A.)/Department of Natural Resources (D.N.R.)
American Waterworks Association
National Water Conservation Organizations
"Water Use It Wisely”
State of Georgia Water Conservation Agencies
University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Services
|Emergency Service Calls|
PLEASE CONTACT OUR MAIN OFFICE @ (770) 387-5170 TO REPORT A PROBLEM WITH YOUR WATER AND/OR SEWER SERVICE. EMERGENCY SERVICE CALLS SUBMITTED TO OUR DEPARTMENT AFTER REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS AND ON HOLIDAYS WILL BE FORWARDED TO BARTOW COUNTY 911.
For questions or comments regarding the content and/or design of the Water Department web pages, please contact Mr. Michael Yancey, Bartow County Water Department Information Services Director at (678) 721-5489 or email@example.com.