Fire Flow Testing
|Fire Hydrant Flow Testing Schedule|
***Bartow County Water System***
*Bartow Water Fire Hydrant Testing (June 21, 2019 - June 24, 2019)*
(Please contact Mr. David Carlan @ (678) 721-1558 or email@example.com regarding fire flow testing.)
|Bartow County Water Department Annual Fire Hydrant Testing|
|Fire Hydrant Flow Testing Details|
Why is Flow Testing necessary?
- Bartow County is required to flow test 20% of the it’s fire hydrant on a 5-year rotation to maintain our Class 1 ISO rating. This effects the community’s insurance rating that has a direct impact on the cost of residential and commercial insurance policies.
- To maintain and upgrade fire hydrants in order to provide adequate fire protection.
- To provide accurate flow data and paint hydrants to NFPA 291-2019 standard color classifications.
- Clear obstructions, service valves and caps, identify inadequate or insufficient water supply and repair broken lines.
How long will Flow Testing last?
Flow Testing will be occurring from April 8th, 2019 thru August 30th, 2019.
How will I know where testing will occur?
- There is a master location map posted showing the entire area to be tested in 2019.
- There will be notifications posted weekly of the Hydrants and locations.
- Signs will be placed in areas to be tested the day of testing.
Problems that may occur:
- Water Leaks - identify the source of the leak and use the contact information below.
- Stained or muddy water - turn on an outside faucet for 30 minutes or until the water has cleared.
- No or very little water flow - this should only occur when the hydrants are fully open during testing.
For questions, concerns and complete details regarding the Bartow County Water Fire Hydrant Flow Testing please contact Mr. David Carlan, GPS Coordinator, @ (678) 721-1558 or firstname.lastname@example.org. or the Bartow County Water Department @ (770) 387-5170 during regular business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Emergency Service Calls|
PLEASE CONTACT OUR MAIN OFFICE @ (770) 387-5170 TO REPORT A PROBLEM WITH YOUR WATER AND/OR SEWER SERVICE. EMERGENCY SERVICE CALLS SUBMITTED TO OUR DEPARTMENT AFTER REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS AND ON HOLIDAYS WILL BE FORWARDED TO BARTOW COUNTY 911.
For questions or comments regarding the content and/or design of the Water Department web pages, please contact Mr. Michael Yancey, Bartow County Water Department Information Services Director at (678) 721-5489 or email@example.com.