NOTE: Kings Camp Rd rezoning case ARZ-2421 has been tabled until the May 5 Commissioner's Hearing, to be held at 10:00 AM in the Commissioner's hearing room (main floor of the courthouse).
NOTE: A temporary moratorium was issued on March 10, 2021 for new R-2, R-3, and R-7 multifamily zoning applications. The purpose is for proposed text amendment changes. The moratorium will expire in July - new multifamily rezoning applications may be heard starting in August.
FAQ - what can be used as a single-family residence on a vacant lot? Only a site/stick built residence unless zoned for a manufactured home (MH). Not allowed (prohibited) to be used as a residence: tents, boats, RV campers, storage buildings, shipping containers, tiny homes. New house/MH minimum 1,200 sqft heated living area with minimum 5:12 pitch roof. After main house/MH is on property, guest house is an option - discuss with staff. Bartow County Code Appendix A (zoning) sections 5.3, 6.5-6.7, 10.1-10.3
Bartow County Zoning Ordinance (Appendix A of the county code) is found by clicking HERE.
Zoning of a property is found in the qPublic map view - click HERE.
** CLASS is Not zoning - that is the tax assessor's office info for appraisal/assessment.
Click Upcoming Public Hearing for Planning Commission mtg info.
Click Zoning Documents for application forms.
To apply for rezoning or conditional use for subdivision; multi-family devt; planned devt; and/or commercial or industrial devt:
1) Discuss water/sewer issues with provider. Obtain concept site plan prepared by surveyor or engineer.
2) Email concept plan to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and request a Thursday AM meeting with staff to discuss project. Confirm with Mr. Osborne the type of zoning case you will need (rezoning or rezoning with land use change) and download from Zoning Documents page.
3) Obtain water/sewer availability/capacity letter from provider.
4) Review State DRI threshold info. Review Etowah Valley Overlay District and Allatoona Overlay District info. Complete related items if applicable.
5) Email Richard Osborne firstname.lastname@example.org the application, concept site plan, water/sewer letter, example architectural renderings, and letter of explanation to confirm minimum requirements.
6) Staff will follow up with you to confirm legal requirements are met.
7) At least one project representative must attend the Planning Commission and Commissioner's hearings.
To apply for a variance application:
1) Download a variance application from the Zoning Documents page.
2) Email Richard Osborne email@example.com to confirm requirements and submittal process.
2021 PLANNING COMMISSION CALENDAR (rezonings, conditional use)
2021 BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS CALENDAR (variances)
Accessory Building Fact Sheet
Allatoona Overlay District Summary
Allatoona Overlay District Map
Development of Regional Impact (DRI) Fact Sheet
Etowah Valley Historic District Summary
Etowah Valley Historic District Map
Manufactured Home (mobile home) Fact Sheet
Subdividing Land Fact Sheet
Zoning Districts Fact Sheet
WE ACCEPT DEBIT AND CREDIT CARDS - 2.5% SERVICE CHARGE.
The goals of the Planning and Zoning Division are:
1) Ensure orderly county growth in conformance with the comprehensive plan, planning principals and policies.
2) Implement the comprehensive plan and administer and enforce zoning in a professional and effective manner.
Areas of responsibility:
- Interact with citizens, businesses, developers to assist with the understanding and implementing of the zoning ordinance.
- Review applications, site plans, etc. for code compliance.
- Coordinate review of rezonings, conditional use permits, variances, and administrative variances with departments and other agencies.
- Inspect the applicable sites to ensure complete review of applications.
- Prepare reports, packages, presentations for the Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, Bartow County Commissioner, etc.
- Communicate the process and review with interested parties.
- Acknowledge decision of Boards and ensure records reflect accordingly.
- Maintain and update the County’s comprehensive plans and participate in the development of plan implementation strategies.