Bartow County Water Department - Watering Restrictions
- Parent Category: Community Services
- Last Updated on 19 December 2013
- Published on 07 September 2010
- Hits: 22199
Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) Outdoor Water Use Schedule During Non-Drought Periods
On June 1, 2010, Governor Sonny Perdue signed into Georgia law the “Water Stewardship Act” which establishes the following current Outdoor Watering Restriction Rules & Regulations:
Odd/Even Outdoor Water Use Schedule
- Even-Numbered Addresses are allowed to perform outdoor watering activities on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays without time limitations unless indicated below as an exception/exemption.
- Odd-Numbered Addresses are allowed to perform outdoor watering activities on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays without time limitations unless indicated below as an exception/exemption.
- Outdoor watering activities are prohibited on Fridays unless otherwise indicated below as an exception/exemption.
Odd/Even Outdoor Water Use Schedule Exceptions
- Outdoor watering of established landscapes (landscapes installed for over 30 days) can be performed any day of the week, but this outdoor watering actitity is strictly prohibited from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Outdoor watering of newly installed landscapes (landscapes installed within the past 30 days can be performed any day of the week without time limitations. However, following this 30-day installation period, the outdoor watering scheduled for established landscapes must be followed.
Odd/Even Outdoor Water Use Schedule Exemptions
- Installation and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Landscape irrigations performed by drip-irrigation systems, soaker hoses and/or hand-watering with a shut-off nozzle.
- Irrigation of commercial agriculture.
- Irrigation of plants/landscaping for sale.
- Irrigation of personal food gardens.
- Watering performed by alternative sources of water including private well water, grey water, reclaimed wastewater, rain water, condensate, etc.
- Irrigation of sports fields, parks, golf courses or public recreational turf.
For additional information regarding current Outdoor Watering Restriction Rules & Regulations, please contact our main administrative office @ (770) 387-5170 or contact Mr. Kevin Chambers, Georgia Environmental Protection Division @ (404) 651-7970.
1st Offense - Written Warning.
2nd Offense - $100.00 Outdoor Watering Violation Fine.
3rd Offense - $200.00 Outdoor Watering Violation Fine.
4th Offense - $250.00 Outdoor Watering Violation Fine and loss of water service for three (3) days.
5th Offense - $500.00 Outdoor Watering Violation Fine and loss of water service for thirty (30) days.
Customers that do not adhere to the Outdoor Watering Restriction shall be given an Outdoor Watering Restriction Violation Notice door hanger indicating the date and time of said violation and will be mailed a letter from our department indicating the corresponding fine has been added to their Water Utility Service Bill and that said fine must be paid within ten (10) calendar days. Failure to pay said fine within this period will result in Water Service Disconnection Procedures and additional penalties.
The responsible acquisition, management, distribution and conservation of drinkable (potable) water resources are the most fundamental and essential operational procedures that water utility system providers must evaluate when successfully planning for present and increased demands resulting from current and continued residential, commercial and industrial development. The Bartow County Water Department ensures that these procedures are being conducted efficiently and effectively through sound financial investments; development of long-range resource acquisitions and system development strategies; employee training; implementation of recent technological advancements and sophisticated leak-monitoring equipment; and detailed monitoring of water and wastewater infrastructure processes. Our administrative staff regularly conducts public forums with civic groups, school systems and other public entities to establish and promote water conservation program. The Bartow County Water Department also participates in the Bartow County-City of Cartersville Chamber of Commerce Keep Bartow Beautiful Campaign which stresses the importance of pollution control and resource conservation. Everyone must become thoroughly informed and actively involved with all available water conservation efforts while strictly following mandated outdoor watering restriction regulations to protect our most precious natural resources for current and future generations. Local water conservation policies and guidelines are explicitly documented and detailed within the Bartow County Water Conservation & Drought Contingency Plan © December 2001, Bartow County Water Service & Conservation Ordinance adopted on December 17, 2003 ; Bartow County Water Service & Conservation Ordinance amended on December 15, 2004 and Bartow County Water Service & Conservation Ordinance amended on December 8, 2010. These publications are available upon request from the Bartow County Water Department @ 50 Nelson Street; Cartersville, GA 30120 and Frank Moore Judicial & Administrative Building @ 135 West Cherokee Avenue; Cartersville, GA 30120.
- FREE! Water Saver Kits are now available at the Bartow County Water Department located @ 50 Nelson Street; Cartersville, GA 30120 to Bartow County Water System Customers whose residences were constructed prior to 1993. (Limit one (1) per residence).
- Capture rainfall in rain barrels, buckets or other suitable collection containers.
- Collect condensation emitted from air conditioning units. Some units produce up to 20 Gallons of water per day.
- Capture water discharged from showers and faucets as you allow the water to warm.
- Restrict water usage when showering to immediately before and after lathering.
- Turn off laboratory faucets while brushing your teeth.
- Reducing power consumption also reduces the amount of water required by local power companies to generate electricity.
"Water Use It Wisely”
PLEASE CONTACT OUR MAIN OFFICE @ (770) 387-5170 ANY TIME TO REPORT A PROBLEM WITH YOUR WATER AND/OR SEWER SERVICE. PLEASE NOTE THAT EMERGENCY SERVICE CALLS SUBMITTED TO OUR DEPARTMENT AFTER REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS AND ON HOLIDAYS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DIRECTED TO BARTOW COUNTY 911.