Bartow County Building Inspections - Obtaining A Manufactured House Permit
- Last Updated on 30 May 2012
- Hits: 7389
MANUFACTURED HOUSE (M.H.)
*Steps to obtain an Installation Permit*
- Structural Numbering (770) 387-5015 – to obtain a street address or verify existing one is correct
- Zoning Dept. (770) 387-5007 – If not placing in a mobile home park, verify that the zoning of the property allows for manufactured housing. Also verify that the size & type of home will comply with the Zoning Ordinance. (Although not enforceable by the County, always check the property deed for restricted covenants.)
- Engineering Dept. (770) 387-5067 – An E & S (erosion & sedimentation) permit will be required regardless of where the home is being located. All 3 inspections may possibly be done at the same time.
- Health Dept. (770) 387-2614 – A copy of the septic tank permit or a copy of the sewer tap. (If an existing septic tank is to be used, provide documentation from the Health Dept. verifying the existence of a functional septic tank.)
- Building Inspections Dept. (770) 387-5005 – you must present the following to receive your permit:
- Approved E & S Permit
- Letter or Permit from Health Dept.
- Proof of Water Service – (Water Dept. 770-387-5170), unless being served by a well
- Plat of the Property, if not in a mobile home park. (This does not include M.H. subdivision/communities)
- A document indicating the make, model, serial number and size of the M.H.; such as bill of sale, title, purchase contract, etc.
- A driveway permit from the Department of Transportation if the property fronts on a State HWY or Road or any access is desired to a State HWY, or from the Bartow County Road Dept. if the property fronts on a County Road or any access is desired from a County Road. Road Dept. (770) 387-5140
- Permit Fee $125.00 (The electrical and plumbing permits will be issued at the same time that the M.H. Installation permit is issued.
*Steps taken after obtaining the Installation (building) permit*
The following must be completed before requesting the inspection (inspection includes the electrical, plumbing and/or gas inspections):
- 3rd E & S inspection has to be completed
- Register the M.H. at the Bartow County Tax Dept. and return proof of registration to the Building Inspections Dept.
- The M.H. set-ups, tie downs, wiring, plumbing and underpinning should be completed. (Ask about procedure if served by Cartersville Gas Dept.)
- The electrical and plumbing permits must be filled in and signed by the respective installer and returned to the inspection dept. (The inspector cannot pick up the permits at the home.)
- Application for service with the appropriate utility company must be made (i.e. – GA Power, Cartersville Gas, Cobb EMC, etc.)
After all the above items have been completed, then an inspection can be requested. Inspections called for before 9:00 a.m. can be inspected on the same day.
Make certain the M.H. Permit card is posted in a conspicuous location, visible from the public road. After the installation inspection passes, the power company and, when necessary, the Gas Dept. will be notified of the approval.
The information provided is a general guideline to the permitting and inspection process. More information may be asked for if we feel it to be necessary to the permitting process. Please contact our office if there are any questions concerning these procedures. Thank you for your cooperation.