Bartow County Water Department - Watering Restrictions
BARTOW COUNTY WATER DEPARTMENT
Office: 50 Nelson Street; Cartersville, GA 30120; Phone: (770) 387-5170; Fax: (770) 387-5173
Maintenance: 2 Roosevelt Street; Cartersville, GA 30120; Phone: (678) 721-5494; Fax: (770) 607-6306
Hours: Monday to Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Drive Thru: Monday to Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com Hearing Impaired Phone: (770) 387-5034
Current Drought Response Level
GEORGIA ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DIVISION (EPD)
OUTDOOR WATER USE NON-DROUGHT RESPONSE LEVEL SCHEDULE
Odd/Even Outdoor Water Use Schedule
- Even-Numbered Service Addresses are permitted to perform outdoor watering activities only on Mondays, Wednesdays & Saturdays with no hourly limits.
- Odd-Numbered Service Addresses are permitted to perform outdoor watering activities only on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Sundays with no hourly limits.
- Outdoor watering of established landscapes (landscapes installed for over 30 days) can be performed only from 4:00 pm to 10:00 am. on a daily basis. This outdoor watering activity is strictly prohibited from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Outdoor watering of newly installed landscapes (landscapes installed within the past 30 days can be performed any day of the week without time limitations. However, following this 30-day installation period, the outdoor watering scheduled for established landscapes must be followed.
- Washing of hard surfaces such as streets and sidewalks.
- Water for ornamental purposes such as fountains.
- The use of fire hydrants, except for firefighting and public safety.
- Non-commercial washing of vehicles.
- Fundraising car washes.
- Installation and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Landscape irrigations performed by drip-irrigation systems, soaker hoses and/or hand-watering with a shut-off nozzle.
- Irrigation of commercial agriculture.
- Irrigation of plants/landscaping for sale.
- Irrigation of personal food gardens.
- Watering performed by alternative sources of water including private well water, grey water, reclaimed wastewater, rain water, condensate, etc.
- Irrigation of sports fields, parks, golf courses or public recreational turf.
For additional information regarding current Outdoor Watering Restriction Rules & Regulations, please contact our main administrative office @ (770) 387-5170 or contact Mr. Kevin Chambers, Georgia Environmental Protection Division @ (404) 651-7970.
1st Offense - Written Warning.
2nd Offense - $100.00 Outdoor Watering Violation Fine.
3rd Offense - $200.00 Outdoor Watering Violation Fine.
4th Offense - $250.00 Outdoor Watering Violation Fine and loss of water service for three (3) days.
5th Offense - $500.00 Outdoor Watering Violation Fine and loss of water service for thirty (30) days.
The responsible acquisition, management, distribution and conservation of drinkable (potable) water resources are the most fundamental and essential operational procedures that water utility system providers must evaluate when successfully planning for present and increased demands resulting from current and continued residential, commercial and industrial development. The Bartow County Water Department ensures that these procedures are being conducted efficiently and effectively through sound financial investments; development of long-range resource acquisitions and system development strategies; employee training; implementation of recent technological advancements and sophisticated leak-monitoring equipment; and detailed monitoring of water and wastewater infrastructure processes. Our administrative staff regularly conducts public forums with civic groups, school systems and other public entities to establish and promote water conservation program. The Bartow County Water Department also participates in the Bartow County-City of Cartersville Chamber of Commerce Keep Bartow Beautiful Campaign which stresses the importance of pollution control and resource conservation. Everyone must become thoroughly informed and actively involved with all available water conservation efforts while strictly following mandated outdoor watering restriction regulations to protect our most precious natural resources for current and future generations. Local water conservation policies and guidelines are explicitly documented and detailed within the Bartow County Water Conservation & Drought Contingency Plan © December 2001, Bartow County Water Service & Conservation Ordinance adopted on December 17, 2003 ; Bartow County Water Service & Conservation Ordinance amended on December 15, 2004 and Bartow County Water Service & Conservation Ordinance amended on December 8, 2010. These publications are available upon request from the Bartow County Water Department @ 50 Nelson Street; Cartersville, GA 30120 and Frank Moore Judicial & Administrative Building @ 135 West Cherokee Avenue; Cartersville, GA 30120.
FREE! Water Saver Kits are now available at the Bartow County Water Department located @ 50 Nelson Street; Cartersville, GA 30120 to Bartow County Water System Customers whose residences were constructed prior to 1993. (Limit one (1) per residence).
- Capture rainfall in rain barrels, buckets or other suitable collection containers.
- Collect condensation emitted from air conditioning units. Some units produce up to 20 Gallons of water per day.
- Capture water discharged from showers and faucets as you allow the water to warm.
- Restrict water usage when showering to immediately before and after lathering.
- Turn off laboratory faucets while brushing your teeth.
Reducing power consumption also reduces the amount of water required by local power companies to generate electricity.
National Water Conservation Organizations
"Water Use It Wisely”
University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Services
PLEASE CONTACT OUR MAIN OFFICE @ (770) 387-5170 TO REPORT A PROBLEM WITH YOUR WATER AND/OR SEWER SERVICE. EMERGENCY SERVICE CALLS SUBMITTED TO OUR DEPARTMENT AFTER REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS AND ON HOLIDAYS WILL BE FORWARDED TO BARTOW COUNTY 911.
For questions or comments regarding the content and/or design of the Water Department web pages, please contact Mr. Michael Yancey, Bartow County Water Department Information Services Director at (678) 721-5489 or firstname.lastname@example.org.