SEPT. 11 PLANNING COMMISSION PUBLIC HEARING POSTPONED TO OCT. 2 DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER. ALL ITEMS ON SEPT. AGENDA WILL BE HEARD ON OCT. 2.
TEMPORARY MORATORIUM ON THE ISSUANCE OF INSTALLATION PERMITS FOR MANUFACTURED HOMES
WE NOW ACCEPT ALL MAJOR DEBIT AND CREDIT CARDS. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A 2.5% OR $1.50 MINIMUM SERVICE CHARGE.
The goal of the Planning and Zoning Division is to ensure the County’s growth is orderly and in conformance with the Comprehensive Plan, planning principals and policies, and that implementing that plan and administering and enforcing zoning and property maintenance is done in a professional and cost effective manner.
The Planning and Zoning Division strives to administer the local Zoning Ordinance to ensure land uses are compatible with each other and as a tool in implementing the Comprehensive Plan. Through Code Enforcement the Division administers property maintenance, zoning violations and nuisances.
Areas of responsibility are:
- Interact with citizens, businesses, developers to assist with the understanding and implementing of the Bartow County Zoning Ordinance.
- Review various applications, site plans, etc. for compliance with Bartow County Ordinances.
- Coordinate the review of all rezoning, conditional use permits, variances, and administrative variances with appropriate departments and other related agencies.
- Inspect the applicable sites to ensure complete review of applications.
- Prepare various reports, packages, and presentations for the Planning Commission, Board of Appeals, Bartow County Commissioner, and public review.
- Communicate the appropriate process and review with all interested parties.
- Acknowledge decision of appropriate Boards and ensure records reflect accordingly.
- Maintain and update the County’s comprehensive plans and participate in the development of plan implementation strategies.
View the Bartow County Future Land Use Map, or visit the GIS Department's map portal.
So that we can better serve you, please have the following information available when contacting our office (if applicable):
- Tax Assessor's Parcel Identification Number (click HERE to visit Tax Assessor's on-line maps)
- Land Lot, District & Section
- Address and/or property owner’s name