VIEW 2015 PROGRAM HERE
Georgia's Arbor Day
- Bartow County Courthouse - 135 West Cherokee Ave,
- City of Cartersville "Shakespeare Garden" 21 Wall Street, Cartersville - beside Ross' Diner
- United Community Bank - 7400 Hwy 140, Adairsville, GA 30103
- Doug's Restaurant - 696 GA HWY 293 SE, Emerson, GA 30137
- Kingston Dollar General- 30 West Main Street, Kingston, GA 30145
|Keep Bartow Beautiful will supply Dogwood (white),Yellow "Tulip" Poplar and a few Willow Oak Seedlings for this year's giveaway. Both the Dogwood and the Yellow Poplar will provide spring blooms and are pollinator species representative of this year's UGA Extension program "Trees for Bess". Bartow's Master Gardeners will be handing out these seedlings and dispensing planting advice. So come get a free tree and talk to an expert.
Bartow County, GA is proud to be the home of the State Champion "White Oak" as designated by the Georgia Forestry Commission in September, 2016. Located at Spring Bank, the measurements used to determine status are: circumference 252', height - 103', crown spread - 128', TOTAL POINTS = 387.
We encourage land owners to replace lost trees or plant more trees in order
to help maintain our urban forest. Trees contribute to our urban aesthetic,
prevent "heat island" effect, act as natural filters for water, and
prevent soil erosion.
| It's important to plant the Right Tree in the Right Place